Pages

Thursday, February 14, 2013

Homemade Air Freshener

A great way to save money is to make your own cleaners and home care products. I am excited to share this one with you, as is has improved our lives GREATLY today!
See this beautiful guy, his name is Abe.  We adopted him a week ago.  He is the sweetest.  He is the stinkiest.  He has spent the last, who knows how long, scavenging for food.  I buy the best extra powerful kitty litter, and I keep his box clean, but he has to power to overpower my home with his stink.
 Well, this morning I broke out my super deodorizers.  I added a little extra essential oil. Placed one air freshener next to each litter box and so far so good!  Here is the recipe:
1 mason jar
1 lid with holes punched into the top
1/2 cup borax
1/2 cup baking soda
30 drops or a little squirt of lavender oil
You can use as much or little of the oil as you like.  You can also use any scent you prefer.

Stir the mixture up together.  Tighten down the lid and place the jar in your stinky spot. 

~Rebecca



No comments:

Post a Comment