Pages

Tuesday, February 26, 2013

Orange Vinegar

One of my favorite home cleaners is vinegar...add some orange oil to that and it improves the cleaning quality of the vinegar immensely!  So, how do you add the orange oil?  Where do you get orange oil?  From oranges of course!
To make orange oil, drop the peels of oranges into a jar.  Here I have 2 orange peels in 1 old pasta sauce jar.  Pour plain white vinegar over the peels, seal the jar and let it set for at least 2 weeks.  When you are ready to use your vinegar, simply strain out the orange peels and toss them into your compost.  I often pour my orange vinegar into a clean, recycled squirt bottle so that it is easy to squirt into a bucket, sink or measuring spoon.

I love using orange vinegar in my mop water, in my homemade all-purpose cleaner and in my rinse-aid compartment of my dishwasher.
~Rebecca

No comments:

Post a Comment