Pages

Tuesday, June 25, 2013

Donna's Caramel Popcorn

Last week, we unexpectedly lost my Aunt Donna.  She was one of the sweetest souls ever to walk the face of the earth.  Earth's loss is Heaven's gain.  This is a recipe that she shared with me while I was studying home economics in middle school.  Every time I make her popcorn, I remember her sweetness.  This post is in her honor.
Ingredients:
2 sticks butter
1/2 cup white syrup
2 cups brown sugar
1/4 tsp. cream of tarter
1 tsp. salt
1 tsp. baking soda
6 - 7 quarts of popped popcorn

Mix butter, syrup and brown sugar; bring to boil for 6 minutes and keep stirring.  Add cream of tarter, salt and baking soda. Stir until foamy; pour over popped popcorn. Spread popcorn on large cookie sheets after mixing well. Bake for 1 hour in 200* oven. Before the popcorn cools, dump it into a large paper bag, close the top and shake to break the caramel popcorn apart.  


No comments:

Post a Comment